Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Grenoble and the Campus

I realize now I haven't gone into much detail about the actual city I'm staying in or the university, so today I took some pictures of Grenoble and the campus. I'll start from the part of Grenoble closest to where I live, Victor Hugo Square:



These next pictures are a little further east, in the Notre-Dame Musée/Sainte-Claire region.  





The Université de Grenoble campus is actually made up of several universities, grouped mainly by their disciplines. My university, Université Joseph Fourier, specializes in science, technology, and medicine. The university has partnerships with some of the other universities, depending on what they offer. As an exchange student, I attend classes in several departments in several buildings. This is where I have my Computer Science classes:



I attend my Telecommunication course in this building, IUT:


This is the common campus, which includes an inter-university library and resources that all students need, regardless of their disciplines:







 Lastly, I wanted to show the public transportation offered in Grenoble, especially since its my primary means of getting around. There are 4 major tram lines and around 30 to 40 buses that are in operation from early in the morning until fairly late at night. As a student, I can pay about 25 € a month for unlimited use of any tram line or bus. This is a typical tram station:

One of 3 trams stops on campus. This one is closest to the library. 
One of the trams, up close. 

To get the idea, this is the map of the public transportation available:

No comments:

Post a Comment